Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, April 23, 2012

Finding Joy

                                                                          12 x 12

Occasionally, God uses the most unexpected people to influence our lives.  Recently, a 23 year old Marine has impacted mine.  For some unexplainable reason, our lives have been touched by each other, each of us learning from the other.  One thing he is helping me with is to find Joy in my life, even when things are unpleasant and chaotic around me.

"Joy is an outward sign of inward faith in the promises of God." It is a way of acting, and a sign of spiritual maturity.  It is not a distant destination; rather, a path you choose to follow each day.  So many days I dwell on the negative, and it affects everyone around me.  I am seeing however I direct my mind to think, will ultimately be revealed for everyone to see.  I don't want to be seen as a negative person, but one filled with joy.  This is God's intention for all His children.  In 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 , Paul says "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  We have a responsibility to express this.  I have fallen so short of this responsibility.  So, I challenge you to walk with me down this path, and learn to live a joy filled life.

Thank you, my dear  friend Jonathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment