Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Bowl Of Lemons

 
16 x 20
Mixed Media


The other day, Phyllis, the owner of VIEW GALLERY where I show my work, showed me a beautiful still life painting.  It made my heart hurt because I loved it and wished I could paint something so wonderful.  I have no professional training, and I long to put on canvas the quality of work I see others do.  I'm really not interested in doing realistic paintings, but more traditional with a contemporary look.  I also want to do contemporary landscapes.  I've just been too scared to try.

So, I'm being brave and showing you my first attempt of a still life, in the hopes that you will see an improvement as I continue to try and paint these.  Hopefully, we can laugh at this one, one day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful- very fresh and pretty! You did a great job! Keep at it and keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete