Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, January 6, 2012

Being Shaped

                                                            "New York In Winter"
                                                                        36 x 48
                                                                          (Sold)




Will we ever be free of our past? Will the consequence of our choices ever quit rearing it’s ugly head? Will the nightmares ever go away? In all honestly, I think not.


People often try to give me advice, and I know they are sincerely trying to help. They say “Just put the past behind you.” or “Don’t think about that anymore. You’re not there, it’s not you any more.” But the truth is, I can’t put it behind me and it is me. My past, (and yours) is what has shaped us to be the individuals we are today. We can’t put it behind us, but we can move on, learning from it, using it to God’s glory, and accept our consequences. We have the choice to do this or stew in resentment, and always see ourselves as the victim or just always feel ashamed.

As I have written many times before, we all have our pain. No one is exempt. Some people’s is just more hidden, but it’s there. However, The Lord does promise that He will not give us a burden that is too heavy to bear. He will help us carry it. My family and I are a testimony to this promise. Does it still feel heavy at time, even 5 years later? Yes. The nightmares are infrequent, but when I do have one, I am strong and the victor!!

Forgiveness and Grace. My two favorite words. We have been forgiven our past and given undeserving grace. Our past has shaped us to be the individuals we chose to be today. We have been through what seems like a battle, and will see more heartache down the road, but remember, we can choose to be soldiers of Jesus Christ and trust God in every circumstance before us, and know we are being shaped to be the person God has chosen us to be.
osted by Picasa

osted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love this painting! The colors are absolutely dreamy! Thanks for reading my blog! You commented on "lots of hearts" but you need to see the slide show of valentine project 2 , your girls would love doing this. I've got a group of senior girls dying to come over and do this one so we are getting together wed night in my studio to make valentines. Try and send me pics! I'd love to see! Miss you! R

    ReplyDelete